Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Concrete Patio

DoDa wrote:
Not sure what kind of soil is under it. It is a concrete pad ..I would guess
about 1 or 2 inches thick...hard to tell as most of it is eroded and flaking
off. What is left would probably have to be hammered out. So to save work
..I though just putting down a thick layer of sand and laying new patio
blocks on top would do.

If you are gonna go to all the work of laying pavers- and it is a lot of
work- best to do it right the first time. You don't wanna do it twice.

The price of pavers these days, unless a SWMBO was involved, I'd call in
a flatwork company and have the concrete replaced. If patio has
footings, they can sometimes be reused, if they haven't heaved.

--
aem sends...