Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] me@remove.home.com is offline

Default Sears Lathe Question

Maybe I should post a bit more detail. It has a capacity to turn a
12" diameter and 41" between centers. It has tubes that the tail
stock moves on. I'm guessing it was made by someone else for Sears.

On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:38:30 GMT, wrote:

Hi Len,

I believe this pre-dates Craftsman. It doesn't have the Craftsman
label. It only has the old Sears label. The only model number on it
is 28955.

Thanks.

On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:13:30 -0500, "Len"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I'm an amature hobbyist. I just picked up a Sears Long Bed Wood
Lathe, Model Number 28955 and six chisels off of Kijiji. I have been
searching the net for information and manuals on the lathe but with no
success. Does anyone have any information they can share with me?

Thanks,
Sheldon

Is this a 'Craftsman' lathe? If so, what's the full (8 - 10 digits)
model number? There should be a plate or sticker somewhere with that
info.

Len