Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default switching out 2 pin for 3 pin sockets in my victorian home

HeyBub wrote:
bob haller wrote:
my issue was the moron who said just remove the ground pins from plugs
it will be fine......

You are aware, are you not, that:

A. Grounding plugs/outlets are of somewhat recent vintage.
B. All old electrical appliances and many new appliance do not HAVE
grounding connections.
C. Outlets/plugs in Britain and other parts of the world do not accommodate
grounding connectors (i.e., they are of the two-pin variety).

On the other hand, grenades come with only two safety devices: A safety pin
and a safety handle. These are almost always adequate to permit safe
handling. Grenades could be distributed in a locked box with the key kept by
the company sergeant in a safe whose combination is known only to the
company clerk, but the layering-on of additional safety regimes would
prevent their timely and effective use when a crazed virgin-seeker is about
to jump in your foxhole.

When presented with a three-prong toaster, a two-prong outlet, and an urgent
need for a PopTart, I know what I'm gonna do!

Eat it raw?