Posted to alt.home.repair
Dorothy Dorothy is offline

Default "Popcorn" paint

On May 29, 4:31*pm, LouB wrote:
I live in The Villages in Florida.
Friend has ceiling of her garage painted with "popcorn".
House is 9 years old. some of the paint is coming off, but there is no
sign of water damage of any kind. *Anyone have experience with this stuff?

Lou

It is in a lot of Florida houses, including mine. My house was built
in 1986 ... the popcorn falls in bits and pieces but it stays on
through paintings. We bought a fancy, long shaggy roller to use when
painting and it didn't work as well as the cheap through away types
that cost about a dollar at the store. We were using white latex
ceiling paint. I have read that you can remove it but it's a messy
job. You can buy some stuff at Home Depot to patch it if you get
large places where it has fallen off but I have not used it and don't
know if it really works.

The fact that it is falling off is not a sign of leaks or damage ...
it's just the way it is.