Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default dead attic fan

On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:50:25 -0500, wrote:

Did you test the thermostat? Set it so the fan would normally start,
and put a test meter across the wires going to the fan. If there's
power, the thermostat should be ok.

I have an AC/DC meter, but I don't know how to test AC. What is the
procedure for that?

Anyhow, it seemed to be hot enough for the fan that was working last
year to come on, but it would not come on. So I switched off the
breaker and disconnected the white and black wires going to the fan
and taped them up with electrical tape (or twisted the plastic cover
back on).
--
Replace you know what by j to email