Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
rossdoug rossdoug is offline

Default How to get a towel out of the toilet?

On May 29, 8:33*am, George wrote:
Lefty wrote:
wrote in message
Someone in the house who is not too bright accidentally flushed a
towel down the toilet. *Kind of like a "hand towel" or a large
washrag. *And they stupidly tried to use a plunger before realizing it
was a towel stuck in there.

Anyway, any ideas on how we can get the towel out? *Is there some sort
of snake-like device with hooks or something that can grasp onto the
towel?

The other toilets work, so at least the towel didn't go TOO far.

This will do it, and a lot easier than pulling the toilet;

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...et-auger-38d-x...

HTH, *Lefty

Whats so hard about pulling a toilet? I tenant called and said the
toilet was clogged. All of the other drains worked fine. They said they
had tried to push it out and fortunately they didn't. I pulled it and
found a round plastic object in the trap. Best guess was their little
nephew who was visiting tossed it in. If someone had succeeded pushing
this into the drain stack it is pretty likely the next project would be
to open the ceiling below and cut the stack open to remove the item.

By the time you read all these posts you could have had it off and
problem solved!