Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy Dawson Guy Dawson is offline

Default How should I paint my roof white?

Bob Mannix wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

I thought that the painting roofs white theory had been debunked? I
guess Prof Chu has shares in Dulux.

Oh I wasn't supporting his theory in general - there aren't enough roofs
but, if there were, I was commenting on the principle of white rather than
dark, which is correct.

Painting roofs white is not, on it's own, going to stop let alone reverse
global warming. Prof Chu's says that it would counter act 11 years worth
of vehicle emissions. It's relatively easy, low tech, action that can
be done so why not do it? There's no one big solution that is going to
solve global warming. We're going to have to do lots of things to make
a big effect.

He's just been appointed US energy secretary so I hope he's got some
good ideas!

Guy
Guy Dawson@SMTP - // ICBM - 6.15.16W 57.12.23N 986M
4.45.4 4.45.4 4.45.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.45.4 4.45.4