Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone jack woes? Any experts?

Another job turned out well. That is good news. Thank you
for letting us know what you found. I'm sure you have helped
others to do their phone wiring.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Thanks to everyone here for their help and quick response.

I read BobMCT's reply early-on and thanks to my wife's
constant neg
about it -- LOL -- he gave me some courage to take the
plunge and
disconnect the wires from the exisisting plug.

So, turns out once I got those off, that there were only red
and green
wires coming out of the wall -- two of each. The other wires
were aqll
part of the "PLATE."

So, I just hooked up two green to the green terminal, two
red to the
red terminal and all is good. But I swear, looking at it
hanging out
of the wall, it appeared that all those other wires were
part of the
bundle coming out of the wall.

Anyway, thanks again to all, phone works and wife is
quiet....LOL