Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone jack woes? Any experts?

I'm not an expert. But, I did read a small book on the
subject, years ago. Red and green are the ones needed to
make the phone work. Black and yellow are for the lighted
dials, on Princess phones. In the case of newer phones, they
are for a second phone line.

I'd connect red to R (both of them) and both greens to G.
Fold back the others, and tape em off. See if that works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I've tried researching this and I am now completely confused
by all
the web page advice and really don't want to read about RJ's
cat5,
etc. any more :0

1970-era home. Replacing old "painted pink" in wall modular
telephone
jack.

New jack has screws for red, green, black and yellow screws.
Old
wiring is two reds, two greens, one black, one light blue,
one white
connected to six different screws. Can I connect these to
the new
jack?

If so, what wires would stack together.

Phone is a cordless if that makes any diff...