Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How should I paint my roof white?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Guy Dawson wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

You need insulation between the rafters if you want the loft cool in
summer.
It's not so much the keeping the loft cool but the reflection of
sunlight back into space to avoid heating the atmosphere.

Prof Chu's point is that a lot of solar heating is caused by building
being heated by the sun and radiating the heat back into the
atmosphere. If the sunlight could be reflected back into space by white
surfaces
then we'd help slow global warming.

White tarmac too maybe.

HTF are you going to keep that clean? :-)

Pressure washer with a *long* hose powered by a solar panel pointed at
all the white roof tops. ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.