Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Home Depot return policy

On Thu, 28 May 2009 18:53:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm guessing someone on this list knows. I returned a water
heater, today. Purchased Jan 26, 2004. Six year warranty.

The returns desk refunded me my original $198 or whatever it
was (including the tax). Gave me a store credit "gift" card.
And sent me to go buy another water heater. Which was $388.
So, it cost me about $190 to replace a WH that was in
warranty.

I thought they would say "sorry, sir" and send me home with
a new WH, at no charge. They blamed GE / Hotpoint for that
policy.

Does anyone know?

The old heater was probably "Old Design," while the new one is "New
Design," which costs a lot more.
http://www.prlog.org/10213896-bw-plumbing-and-heating-water-heater-warranties-simplified.html

Oh, it's nice to have hot water, again. And yes, I did
install a shutoff.