Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water shut off, again

The folks at HD didn't make me happy. Aparently, GE refunds
only the original (vintage 2004) purchase price $190, or so.
And then I get to pay the balance of the $388 replacement
heater. Not like they give me a new heater, outright, or
anything normal like that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message ...
Water heater leaking. No shut off for the WH. Have to go for
the water main to the house. Why no shut off? Last people
didn't put one in. I changed the WH in Jan of 2004, but
there were 16 inches snow on the ground, and I didn't do
anything pretty. Just change the tank.

Six year warranty. And, yes, I do have the paper work.
Supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm going to see what I can do
with it tonight. May be able to get the tank out, and then
put a shutoff on the cold. So I can have water tonight.

Any polite, constructive advice, folks?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus