Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default CFL bulb won't work upside down in a particular light fixture

In article , wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2009 20:31:44 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob)
"
wrote:

On May 26, 9:09Â*am, LouB wrote:
John A. Weeks III wrote:

In article ,
Â*"Bob-tx" wrote:

"h" wrote in message
"krw" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 May 2009 07:39:17 -0700 (PDT), brassplyer
wrote:

I've got a hanging light fixture in which I can't get CFL bulbs
work. They work fine screwed upside down in my garage light
sockets,
the bulb is confirmed working in other lamps.

Standard bulbs work fine in this same hanging fixture. Any
theories as
to why the CFL bulbs don't want to work in it?
Aren't these trash CFL's wonderful?
Our government certainly has our best interest at heart and knows
how to
choose our light bulbs better than we do.

There is a certain amount of knowledge required to live and
get through the day. Â*Perhaps you are just too stupid to
understand a device that has both an "on" and an "off".

-john-

LOL!- Hide quoted text -

LOA is generally reputed to have short life, Philips, Sylvania, other
name brands definitely seem to last longer

I've had the brand name ones dead in the box as well as suffering
early death. Doesn't seem to matter what it says on the box it's all
chinese crap anyway.

I did have a failed unit recently, and it was suppose to be a decent model. I have
had few dissapointments out of the 30 to 40 I have used. I started out paying
around $15 each, so they are a steal now, except the dimmable ones are
still around $15.

greg