Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk contains these words:

It takes less far less keystokes on google to get it all that the tripe
you typed here.

In other words, you cannot provide any documentary evidence to support
your
claims.

I think you may have underestimated Dribble.

It is not that he can't provide any evidence - the chances are that it
would be the easiest thing in the world to provide the link to his
source - it is just that he would rather leave the source a mystery than
expose the gap between his claims and the reality, which may be no more
than a sales brochure for a novel pumped storage scheme.

It sounds to me like a theoretical exercise by an academic with no practical
experience, much like the insolation calculations a couple of years ago, by
a member the Cavendish laboratory, that treated the Earth as a black body
and showed it couldn't possibly be warming.

Actually, I have found some work being done by one university (not
Cambridge) on the environmental impact of a number of estuary barrier
schemes in the Irish Sea. Between them they would significantly increase the
global capacity of tidal generation, but on nothing like the scale he
claims. At best, they would provide power for much of NE England, but they
aare barrier schemes, not lagoons.

I have also found some interesting work being done on multi-pond lagoons,
proposed as pumped storage schemes to overcome some of the disadvantages of
wind generation.

What I have been completely unable to find is anything to support his
claims.

Colin Bignell