Christian McArdle

Default Bathroom lights - what's allowed/required?

Anyway if I go for IPx4 fittings they'll be OK regardless (not aiming
to use a hose in the bathroom!). Thanks.

Also, they must also be suitable for location. If the manufacturer of the
fitting states "not for use in bathrooms", then it mustn't be fitted, even
outside the zones, as the manufacturer has asserted that they are not
suitable.

It *might* be within 60cm of the bath, the washbasin is close to the
non tap end of the bath. I'll check on that as well. Does that 60cm
mean the switch needs to be more than 60cm from any part of the bath
or what exactly?

Measured from any part of the bath or shower, horizontally. Taps are
irrelevent. It is about keeping stuff away from the reach of someone using
the bath or shower. However, I'm still not entirely sure I'm right. There
seems to be disagreement about whether standard switches can be installed in
Zone 3. I haven't got the regs in front of me to check the definitive
answer.

Christian.