Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
[email protected] void.no.spam.com@gmail.com is offline

Default How to get a towel out of the toilet?

On May 28, 2:23*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/27/2009 11:08 PM spake thus:

Someone in the house who is not too bright accidentally flushed a
towel down the toilet. *Kind of like a "hand towel" or a large
washrag. *And they stupidly tried to use a plunger before realizing it
was a towel stuck in there.

Anyway, any ideas on how we can get the towel out? *Is there some sort
of snake-like device with hooks or something that can grasp onto the
towel?

The other toilets work, so at least the towel didn't go TOO far.

You didn't say whether or not the toilet was clogged--is it? If not, I
wouldn't sweat it; the towel will eventually clear your drain.

If it is clogged, you're not going to get the towel out, but probably
push it through with a snake.

Yes, it is clogged. Hmm, if I manage to push it through, is it
possible that it could get stuck again further in the system (like
maybe if there are narrower pipes)?