Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Garbage disposal 'clamp nut' broke, is discontinued.

On May 26, 2:24*pm, Matthew Dunphy wrote:
So the wife and I bought a house and moved in this past January. *We
recently redid the kitchen, and in the process of switching out sinks,
broke the clamp ring on the otherwise really good garbage disposal (GE
GFC900Z-01) that came with the house. *I looked it up online, ordered
the nut and the gasket, and got an email back saying they're
discontinued.

http://www.appliance-parts-warehouse...ic-parts/Gener...

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to replace this disposal over $5
in parts. I'd love to hear some suggestions on how I could clamp this
sucker on so that the water doesn't leak out around the flange.
Thanks in advance

Try another supplier

http://www.us1internet.net/GFC900Z-01/

or get a used ISE disposal on craigslist

Once you switch over to ISE....you'll have a standard disposal
interface for as long as own the house.

The ISE three lug mounting system makes it a breeze to change up
disposals.

I had an ISE fail...it was under warranty....an in-house service
warranty.
I had them ship me a new unit & installed it myself...easier than
waiting for the repair guy.

cheers
Bob