Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Water shut off, again

On May 27, 6:11*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Water heater leaking. No shut off for the WH. Have to go for
the water main to the house. Why no shut off? Last people
didn't put one in. I changed the WH in Jan of 2004, but
there were 16 inches snow on the ground, and I didn't do
anything pretty. Just change the tank.

Six year warranty. And, yes, I do have the paper work.
Supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm going to see what I can do
with it tonight. May be able to get the tank out, and then
put a shutoff on the cold. So I can have water tonight.

Any polite, constructive advice, folks?

Enjoy the learning experience...?

You've been around the block more than a few times - hell, you've worn
grooves in the sidewalk! What does snow have to do with sticking a
shut-off valve on the installation? I'm assuming the water heater is
inside in snow country. It couldn't have taken more than an extra
five minutes.