Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Paul Gilbert[_2_] Paul Gilbert[_2_] is offline

Default motor rotation

I salvaged the 1/3 HP motors from two vacuum pumps on which the pump ends
were beyond repair. I intended to use one of them for my Beal buff system.
However, the rotation of the motors is backward for that use.

The motors are 115 V only and do not appear to have provision on the
connector plate on the back to change the rotation. There is a centrifugal
switch for a starting winding and only two wires going to the field coils.

Is there any way to modify the rotation of one of these motors?
Paul Gilbert