Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Puddle in front of fridge (not from the dog)

paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

We had a similar problem with our much older GE...wish I could remember
what part(s) were replaced....defrost timer? defrost t-stat? When the
repairman took out the back panel from the freezer, it was loaded with
frost.