Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Puddle in front of fridge (not from the dog)

My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 1:05*pm, paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. *It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. *It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. *I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

It could be a blocked drain tube for the defrost cycle.

I had a fridge where the feezer end of the tube would get blocked with
ice and the defrost water wouldn't drain.

Well, it would drain, just not down into the pan where it could
evaporate. It would leak down the back of the fridge and puddle out in
front.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"paulaner" wrote in message
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

Kick the dog anyway.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ktos" wrote in message
"olddog" wrote in news:j1YSl.31946$d36.17759@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

"paulaner" wrote in message
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

Kick the dog anyway.

od

Give us your address so we can kick you, ya dumb ****er.

Jesus dude that a laxative

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

paulaner wrote in
:

My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

You need to locate the source as you already know. Remove the front
kickplate. Get on your belly with a flashlight. If there's a puddle and you
can't really tell where it's coming from then dry the floor totally.
Periodically check a couple/few times a day to see if a wet spot is showing
up. Remember, where it's dropping to the floor may be different than the
source since the water may be following some part of the frig frame or
other part.

Posted to alt.home.repair

He was probably using the beta version of FlamoMatic.
Provides convenient usenet flames, at the push of a button.
They havn't gotten the programming glitches worked out.
Here; I'll run this email through FlamoMatic, and see what
pearls of wisdom come out.

"You Godforsaken window washer, get a potato peeler,
already!"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ktos" wrote in message
Give us your address so we can kick you, ya dumb ****er.

Jesus dude that a laxative

od

What the hell does THAT mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
He was probably using the beta version of FlamoMatic.
Provides convenient usenet flames, at the push of a button.
They havn't gotten the programming glitches worked out.
Here; I'll run this email through FlamoMatic, and see what
pearls of wisdom come out.

"You Godforsaken window washer, get a potato peeler,
already!"

No no no:

"Control your anger like a monkey in a pinyata. Hiding behind the candy,
hoping that the children will not break through with the stick!"

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On May 26, 1:05 pm, paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

It could be a blocked drain tube for the defrost cycle.

I had a fridge where the feezer end of the tube would get blocked with
ice and the defrost water wouldn't drain.

Well, it would drain, just not down into the pan where it could
evaporate. It would leak down the back of the fridge and puddle out in
front.

I have the same problem. I think the drain freezes up.
Sears repair guy uses a squeeze bottle with hot tap water to melt the ice.
I pay him and it freezes up again...and again.
Did you find a longer fix? If so, please share it with me.
Thanks,
Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 11:25*pm, "Dick Keats" wrote:
[...]

Sure...I bought a new fridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 1:05*pm, paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. *It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. *It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. *I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

Is the door closing/sealing good. This happened with mine when my
daughter got old enough to open the fridge. She often wouldnt close
the door all the way . I tlted the unit slightly where th door would
close on its own, no more problem. Well a little problem, my wife
didnt like having the door trying to close on her.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, I've only got the beta version. You must have the paid
version?

Your armpits are so salty that even Mr. Whipple would not
clean them with Charmin.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"olddog" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
He was probably using the beta version of FlamoMatic.
Provides convenient usenet flames, at the push of a
button.
They havn't gotten the programming glitches worked out.
Here; I'll run this email through FlamoMatic, and see what
pearls of wisdom come out.

"You Godforsaken window washer, get a potato peeler,
already!"

No no no:

"Control your anger like a monkey in a pinyata. Hiding
behind the candy,
hoping that the children will not break through with the
stick!"

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

We had a similar problem with our much older GE...wish I could remember
what part(s) were replaced....defrost timer? defrost t-stat? When the
repairman took out the back panel from the freezer, it was loaded with
frost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Oh, I've only got the beta version. You must have the paid
version?

Your armpits are so salty that even Mr. Whipple would not
clean them with Charmin.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

You have helped me reach the next level. And here I was starting to think
you were just a sadistic psycho bitch.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, d'uh, you do have to enter an insult from a registered
version of the program. Thats the part they don't tell you
in the instructions. Mine is a registered Beta version of
the Flam-A-Nator.

You make so much sense, that a Chinese translator would go
insane trying to translate the first word of your hopeless
drivel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Sadistic Psycho Bitches

"olddog" wrote in message
news

You have helped me reach the next level. And here I was
starting to think
you were just a sadistic psycho bitch.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Well, d'uh, you do have to enter an insult from a registered
version of the program. Thats the part they don't tell you
in the instructions. Mine is a registered Beta version of
the Flam-A-Nator.

You make so much sense, that a Chinese translator would go
insane trying to translate the first word of your hopeless
drivel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Sadistic Psycho Bitches
www.sadistic-psycho-bitch.org
.

You must take your place in the great circle of... stuff.

co

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Gee, thanks. But not the kind of answer I was hoping for.
Can't afford a new fridge...just looking for a way to keep the drain hole
open.
Dick

PUDDLE DUCK RACER J T Woodworking 1 June 17th 13 07:39 AM
Puddle of water under fridge rk UK diy 3 February 21st 06 06:33 PM
Condensat Puddle On Basement Floor ? Robert11 Home Ownership 0 July 24th 05 04:21 PM
Fridge freezer - how to remove top front panel (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK model) Joe UK diy 2 October 22nd 03 01:31 PM