Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Strance A/C problem

Jud McCranie wrote:

I'm having a strange problem with the A/C (a heat pump). One night
near the end of last summer we had some lightning. The next day our
upstairs A/C started blowing hot air so I called the A/C repair. They
topped off the coolant, replaced the capacitor. They also said that
the thermostat was calling for the heat strips, so the thermostat was
replaced. The A/C was working. A day or two later the A/C was not
blowing cool air. I determined that the compressor was running but
the fan compressor was not turning. But the problem was intermittent.
Anyhow they came back out and replaced the fan motor.

snip

Are you sure they used the right (and a good quality) capacitor?