Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower engine won't turn

With compression release, now days. It's supposed to make it
easier to pull the engine. I'm sure it does. Two or three
pulls to start, that's about the right number. My seldom
used generator, I've had to spray some ether on the paper
air filter to get it going. Runs for a few seconds, and then
dies. Repeat, until it runs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

Does it really make much differance in how hard the rope is
pulled on the
small gas engines ? I have a 5 kw generator and it will
take two or 3 pulls
to start every time. If I just pull it slow or as hard as I
can. Maybe the
hard pulls went out when the easy start/low compression came
out.