Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage disposal 'clamp nut' broke, is discontinued.

The only two things came to mind. One is large ammounts of
silicone caulk, and two days for drying. Second thing came
to mind, was something like leather around there, and then
tighten with screw clamps.

Others suggestion is very good, to make a bunch of calls, to
try to find parts still "out there".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Matthew Dunphy" wrote in message
So the wife and I bought a house and moved in this past
January. We
recently redid the kitchen, and in the process of switching
out sinks,
broke the clamp ring on the otherwise really good garbage
disposal (GE
GFC900Z-01) that came with the house. I looked it up
online, ordered
the nut and the gasket, and got an email back saying they're
discontinued.

http://www.appliance-parts-warehouse...arts-12852.cfm

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to replace this disposal
over $5
in parts. I'd love to hear some suggestions on how I could
clamp this
sucker on so that the water doesn't leak out around the
flange.
Thanks in advance