Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Puddle in front of fridge (not from the dog)

paulaner wrote in
:

My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

You need to locate the source as you already know. Remove the front
kickplate. Get on your belly with a flashlight. If there's a puddle and you
can't really tell where it's coming from then dry the floor totally.
Periodically check a couple/few times a day to see if a wet spot is showing
up. Remember, where it's dropping to the floor may be different than the
source since the water may be following some part of the frig frame or
other part.