Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen Flooring

On Tue, 26 May 2009 16:40:18 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

"c_shah" wrote in message

I am looking for replacing my existing sheet vinyl kitchen flooring.

I live in a townhome (the house is on a slab) so I have been told I
can't use real hardwood but floating wood floor is only choice.

I have a child and sometime there is an occasional spill here and
there. Also, we love to cook and so floor is subject to stain and
scratch.

I called flooring company nearby and they suggested Flexitec cushion
vinyl.

Is anyone used this product? How durable/stain resistant it is to use
in the kitchen?

I have not heard of that brand (means nothing). Full ceramic or a cushioned
(loose lay) vinyl are your best choices.

I think but do not know for sure that there are some engineered wood
products that can be glued to above grade concrete.

It's true. Mohawk Flooring has such a product. 5/8" thick, 10 ply. The
glue is expensive.

An index he
http://www.mohawkflooring.com/hardwo...n/default.aspx

See the "Sub-Floor & Sub-Strate Requirements" in that *.pdf file.

A quality piece of vinyl should last 10-15 years if not abused. Most don't
stain from normal household spills.

Colbyt

Vinyl has come a long way over the years. Many more colors, patterns,
etc.