Posted to alt.home.repair
Matthew Dunphy Matthew  Dunphy is offline

Default Garbage disposal 'clamp nut' broke, is discontinued.

So the wife and I bought a house and moved in this past January. We
recently redid the kitchen, and in the process of switching out sinks,
broke the clamp ring on the otherwise really good garbage disposal (GE
GFC900Z-01) that came with the house. I looked it up online, ordered
the nut and the gasket, and got an email back saying they're
discontinued.

http://www.appliance-parts-warehouse...arts-12852.cfm

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to replace this disposal over $5
in parts. I'd love to hear some suggestions on how I could clamp this
sucker on so that the water doesn't leak out around the flange.
Thanks in advance