Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default switching out 2 pin for 3 pin sockets in my victorian home

bob haller wrote:
Sure. It'll make plugging modern stuff in considerably more
convenient.

Won't be any less safe than the current situation and you may have
an opportunity to make it safer.

Less work would be to Dremel off the ground pin on your
appliances. Least work would be to fit 3-2 adaptors on your cords.

Only idiots cut off the ground pins on plugs !!!!

True. Cutting it off takes five seconds. I can bust it out in two
seconds with a pair of channel lock pliers. And, no sharp stub left
that could cut someone.- Hide quoted text -

yeah sure, if whatever you cut the ground pin off of gets a hot wire
touching the case, shock will result.

guess the electrical code is meaningless for you?

a nice to have really not necessary?

geez do you maintain your vehicle? or run it with worn out everything?

Don't get all excited. If the user gets shocked, 99 times out of 100 he'll
let go.

As for maintaining a vehicle, what's to know? When you run out of gas, oil,
water, brake fluid, windshield washer, etc., you simply add more.