Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Puddle in front of fridge (not from the dog)

On May 26, 1:05*pm, paulaner wrote:
My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days,
sometime during the night. *It's about 3 years old and this behavior
started a few months ago. *It seems to be getting worse now - more
frequent and more water. *I suspect it has something to do with the
door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any
suggestions?

It could be a blocked drain tube for the defrost cycle.

I had a fridge where the feezer end of the tube would get blocked with
ice and the defrost water wouldn't drain.

Well, it would drain, just not down into the pan where it could
evaporate. It would leak down the back of the fridge and puddle out in
front.