Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_4_] The Ranger[_4_] is offline

Default This Newsgroup has Once Again been KillFiled

RicodJour wrote in message
On May 26, 12:46 pm, "The Ranger" wrote:
RicodJour wrote in message

You are what you are and name calling doesn't change
that.

The irony of that statement is probably missed on you.

Irony? I commented on the actions and behavior, not
on the person.

I'll help with your education then.

Main Entry: IRONY

Pronunciation:
\'i-r?-ne also 'i(-?)r-ne\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural iro·nies
Etymology:
Latin ironia, from Greek eironia, from eiron dissembler
Date:
1502

1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed
in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit
questioning - called also Socratic irony
2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the
opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary
style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance
3 (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the
normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity
b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying
words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the
characters in the play - called also dramatic irony tragic irony

We have no idea what is going on in the guy's life
and no idea if there is anything else that is setting
him on edge.

Nor do "we" care...

I do, so there is no we there.

You stand alone. Unless you're counting all the "I support you" emails that
have recently flooded your account...

No one here knows what is going on in the guy's life,
so it is a we. Pretty simple, really.

Again, I'm not arguing that it's not simply, really; no one -- beyond you --
cares what's going on in dawg's life. He jumped in the coals; let him get a
little scorched.

'dawg ****ed in the pond. If something swims up his
urine stream and is causing him enough discomfort to
never do it again, so much the better.

Education by Candiru? Interesting. It also beggars the
question, if he ****ed in the pond, does everyone else
****ing make it less ****y?

I look at it as closer to ****ing _on_ him not around him.

(And don't kid yourself, he's reading EVERYTHING that's
posted to his parting shot.) Often the best lessons involve
"ouch" and many times words _are_ the best solution.

Opinions vary on that, and it obviously depends on the choice of
words.

As it's always been it always shall be.

For example, in your post you only misconstrued two
words - irony and we.

Nah. I chose those with care.

The Ranger