Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Propane rip-off

In article ,
"1D10T" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
Snip
I don't understand why people get so upset about this stuff.

This whole packaging/refilling issue isn't about raising prices, it's about
the way they go about it. I'm not the ignorant SOB they seem to think I am.
How would you feel if gas pumps started dispensing 3-quart "gallons" at the
same price a full gallon was, without telling you?

I don't think that is going to happen, but if it does, I'll let you know
how I feel about it.

It isn't practical for retail, but I like the loyalty price concept.
When the woman who cuts my hair increases prices, it only applies to new
clients. The existing customers get grandfathered in. Massage is the
same. Gym used to be that way until they sold to another outfit. At work
we treat our customers like that; some of them haven't seen price
increases in ten years.