Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default switching out 2 pin for 3 pin sockets in my victorian home

On May 25, 8:14�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
bob haller wrote:

If the wiring is K&T knob and tube its time to rewire. when you decide
to sell K&T will stop the sale, since most homeowner companies will no
longer write new policies for thios obsolete wiring

Lack of working grounds can be a MAJOR LETHAL SAFETY HAZARD!!

I agree. From 1897 until about 1955, when there were only two wires and no
grounds anywhere, as many as eight people were electrocuted in the U.S. Why
take a chance?

please post a cite for this, before gFCIs bathroom electrocutions were
pretty common...

and no one addressed the homeowners insurance hassle, espically at
home resale time.