Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFL bulb won't work upside down in a particular light fixture

I've got a hanging light fixture in which I can't get CFL bulbs to
work. They work fine screwed upside down in my garage light
sockets, the bulb is confirmed working in other lamps.

Standard bulbs work fine in this same hanging fixture. Any
theories as
to why the CFL bulbs don't want to work in it?

Are you sure that the receptacle in the fixture is allowing the CFL to screw
all the way down to make contact at the bottom? Sometimes the design of the
fixture isn't large enough to permit the larger base (just above the CFL's
screw-in part) to fit alll the way in. It will screw in almost all the way,
but not quite, and the bottom contact of the CFL doesn't touch the bottom of
the socket.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Nobody seems more obsessed by diet than our anti ~materialistic,