Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Propane rip-off

1D10T wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
Snip
I don't understand why people get so upset about this stuff.

This whole packaging/refilling issue isn't about raising prices, it's about
the way they go about it. I'm not the ignorant SOB they seem to think I am.
How would you feel if gas pumps started dispensing 3-quart "gallons" at the
same price a full gallon was, without telling you?

Well at least at one time they would run an insulting spin campaign.
Such as "our new super fuel is so good that you only need 3/4 as much to
go the same distance."

I remember when they started to shrink the 1 and 3 lb bags of coffee and
ran an insulting spin campaign that went along the lines of "due to our
new process you don't need to use as much...". I called and asked if the
new process was also used on the unground beans which were packed in the
same short filled bags and was offered a coupon for my "inconvenience".