Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Propane rip-off

On Mon, 25 May 2009 17:08:57 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On May 25, 10:55 am, "SteveB" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote

I've never been charged *once* in the decades of letting my tanks run
empty - assuming that when my grill flame goes out, the tank is empty.

*********

I have never been charged, either, but have been reminded several times
not
to let it go completely dry, or they have to do something special.

Steve

I'd sure like to know what you've been told 'cuz as I've said, for
decades I've been running mine until the grill flames die, and no one
- not BJ's, U-Haul, the local rent-all places or anyone else that
fills propane tanks has ever said anything to me.

******

Okay. It went something like this:

If you bring in a tank that has absolutely no pressure, that means we have
to purge the air out because it may have some humidity in there. We're not
going to charge you this time, so please at least be sure to close the
valve. Maybe they were fussing because I brought in a tank with an open
valve.

You speak as if just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it
hasn't happened to someone somewhere. I've had heart surgery and broke my
back. Has that happened to you? If it hasn't, is that grounds for you to
say that it never happens to anyone?

Steve

Your problem was not that you let the tank get empty. Your problem was
that you foolishly left the valve open. That valve should be closed
after EVERY use.