Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower engine won't turn

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:53:12 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On May 25, 2:29Â*pm, wrote:
Plug is out and is not oily or wet. Â*Also, the blade does not turn
either. Â*I should have mentioned that. Â*You can not turn the blade,
pull the cord when fully assembled, or manually turn the flywheel or
cup that attaches it to the crankshaft.

The oil is just above the fill line. Â*So, it is about time to add more
oil, but the oil is not low (as in not below the fill line).

If oil isnt overfull, and you cant move anything, something seized or
broke, it may not be trashed but will be work to figure it out.

IF the blade is not jammed, or the blade brake is not stuck, sqirting
a good penetrant in the plug hole might free it up. I've had badly
seized engines (from rust on the rings) come free with a mixture of
deisel fuel and oil of wintergreen. 1 ounce of oil of wintergreen from
your local compounding pharmaist in 1 gallon of deisel will free up a
lot of small engines. The stuff is poisonous so you have to sign for
it.