Posted to alt.home.repair
Karla Karla is offline

Default Propane rip-off

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , Karla
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

OTOH, my laundry detergent got *more* concentrated, by 2:1. When gas
went up, the company decided to stop shipping so much water. Of course
the price went up, but this was one that really seemed like a win-win to
me.

Of course if the manufacturer was *really* interested in just saving
packaging cost, they would have kept the old container size when they
went to the 2:1 concentrated formula. Then they would have cut their
packaging costs (and post consumer waste) in half.

Laundry detergent has always come in a variety of sizes, so I'm not
following your point.

Of course it has. I'm specifically thinking of the large econo size
jugs, generally the largest you can by at a discount store or Costco.
With the newer "improved" double concentration detergent, they reduced
the size of the largest containers due to the "improvement for
consumers." If they still allowed consumers to purchase the new double
formula in the same old larger containers, they would have decreased
packaging costs by exactly half. Instead they reduced it by a lesser
amount, providing less of this so called benefit.