Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default switching out 2 pin for 3 pin sockets in my victorian home

Si wrote:
we have a number of older 2 pin electrical wall sockets in our
victorian home and most of my appliances are 3 pin. can i just switch
them to 3 pin sockets? is there a problem with doing that?

Sure. It'll make plugging modern stuff in considerably more convenient.

Won't be any less safe than the current situation and you may have an
opportunity to make it safer.

Less work would be to Dremel off the ground pin on your appliances. Least
work would be to fit 3-2 adaptors on your cords.