Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default CFL bulb won't work upside down in a particular light fixture

In article g,
SteveBell wrote:

I've got a hanging light fixture in which I can't get CFL bulbs to
work. They work fine screwed upside down in my garage light sockets,
the bulb is confirmed working in other lamps.

Standard bulbs work fine in this same hanging fixture. Any theories as
to why the CFL bulbs don't want to work in it?

Bend the center contact up. Some CFLs don't go into the socket deep
enough.

I was going to suggest the same thing, but let me add that you make SURE
that power is off when you do this. The switch off may not be enough,
pull the breaker. And while you are at it. make sure that the switch
is in the hot side, not the neutral side, and make sure the hot goes to
the center contact, not the shell.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L