Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Turn off water and gas when out of town

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Trusted neighbor? What slice of the 1950s do you live in? Wonderful if
you have them, I guess, but not really common these days, at least
around here. I nod at my neighbors when I'm out doing yardwork, they nod
at me, that is about the extent of it. I certainly wouldn't presume to
ask any of them to enter my house in my absence, much less mow my yard
or anything. Not even any teenage kids around here to hire for mowing,
not that teenagers do that anymore anyway.

Sorta depends on the area. We go back and forth all the time
checking on each other. Of course the "rookie" in the neighborhood has
lived there 10 years now and 5 of the 8 houses in the immediate area are
occupied by original owners from 20 years ago. We are running low on
kids for mowing, but that is more a function of lack of teens than
anything else.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke