Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,sci.engr.civil
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Building steps

Ron Peterson wrote:
On May 21, 6:00 am, "TheRebarGuy" wrote:

Yes, it is epoxy coated rebar, Out in the west they also have an epoxy
coating that is purple. They have different properties in the coating and
are used in different applications.

I have seen fiberglass rebar mentioned. Does it have any disadvantages
over steel rebar?

--
Ron

???? They likely meant glass fiber additive, as a replacement for rebar,
not actual rebar made of fiberglass. Used mainly in light slabs like
patios, garages, and warm-climate driveways. I suppose it reduces prep
labor, but I'm old fashioned and not sure I'd trust it as a replacement
for 4" fabric.

--
aem sends...