Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Propane rip-off

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

But they *can* as long as they mark it as such. I have certainly seen
containers that are not as full as they used to be, but the label told
me how much I was getting and how much I was paying for that amount.

Oh wait, I got a better idea. Let's have them re-tool the propane tank
factories to make the tanks smaller. That way a tank with 15 lbs in it
will be full. Of course, they'll have to raise the price even higher
to cover the cost of re-tooling and manufacturing all the new tanks,
but at least the tanks will be full. Will that make you happy?

They did it for icecream containers, tuna cans, and many other items.
Can be done. I'd rather p ay the higher price and keep containers the
same and make less trips. There is a definite cost to the lower price
as the product does not last as long nad has to be hauled more often.

Containers where the customer can see the product tend to get resized to
meet the newly downsized weight/volume,or where the customer views the
product level inside the container as "too low",but stuff like metal
propane tanks would not get resized,the change is too small and not readily
visible to the customer.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik