Lawrence A. Ramsey

Default Table Saw - Bosch vs. Ryobi vs. Delta vs. HF

Sure beats a handsaw or a circular saw.

On 28 Oct 2003 22:17:56 -0800, (tbowman) wrote:

Had a BT3000. Used it for a year.

Then bought a Jet JTS-10, in the $400-$500 range if you look hard.
I must say I am very happy with the Jet saw.

The way I see it....

BT3000 Pros:
- Light
- Small
- No rust. The top is made from extruded aluminum

BT3000 Cons:
- Non standard mitre slot. Cant use standard jigs and fixtures
using the slot
- Induction motor. Noise makes you and the neighbors nervous
- Power isnt there.
- Aluminum tabletop and fence might bend under clapsetmps
- Cant use standard delta/rockwell/jet jigs, extension tables,
or fences. The BT3000 doesnt follow the universal design that
most saws follow.

I initially bought the BT3000 because my wife wanted me to be sure
I would enjoy woodworking. I am glad I eventually replaced it with
the Jet. I dont want to upset BT3000 owners. Youll have to decide
for yourself.

Check out the google history in the rec. This is a frequent
topic. People either love it or dont care for it.

Terry

"Randy Chapman" wrote in message news:Glvmb.11602$275.23023@attbi_s53...
"peter" wrote in message

You will not regret the extra money for the Bosch.

Nor will he regret saving the $200 and buying a BT3100, as long as he has
the patience to set it up properly (and that is an important IF!).

http://www.bt3central.com/ has lots of information on them.

--randy