Posted to alt.home.repair
1D10T[_2_] 1D10T[_2_] is offline

Default Propane rip-off

"aemeijers" wrote in message

If you are talking about milk, it is more the production and delivery
system, than the shelf frontage. Those cute plastic cubes everyone likes
to have follow them home, fit 4 gallons perfectly. The racks on the truck
fit the plastic cubes, etc.

Sorry I wasn't more clear Ed. My inquiry was about cereals.

This is part of a reply from Del Monte Foods Consumer Affairs concerning
StarKist Tuna:

"Our decision to reduce the net weight of many of our StarKist Tuna products
was not an easy one to make. Over the past several years, the cost of
tuna - by far our largest single ingredient - has reached the highest level
in history and, unfortunately, is not expected to decline. Along with all
consumer packaged goods companies, we are seeing much steeper costs in
virtually all ingredients and packaging materials. And while all of us are
feeling the pain of higher fuel costs at home, this situation is also having
a major impact on food manufacturers. For our canned products, it may be
helpful to know that the reduction in the amount of the tuna is actually
quite small. In most cases, we've taken out more of the liquid ingredients
(such as water, oil, vegetable broth) than tuna. Also our 3 ounce and 12
ounce can sizes have not changed.
Leading up to this decision, we challenged ourselves to reduce costs and
improve the sustainability of our products by reducing waste in every aspect
of our business. By lowering net weights and reducing packaging, we save
two million gallons of water a year and a significant amount of fuel and
transportation costs (equal to a reduction of two million miles). These
changes were necessary so that we can continue to offer our products at a
reasonable price."

How does the above reply answer my question of them as to why the size was
reduced, with the price remaining the same? (Not to mention the current 50%
lower cost of fuel.)

Joe Arnold
Still ****ed with being judged a fool.