John Rumm

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

BigWallop wrote:

He needs to know how the DIP switches are configured in each detector to
give them a unique number on the control panel. But I'm now tearing my hair
out trying to get it through to him. HELP !!!

I would go for either printing up a little booklet of numbers 0 to 1023
and the associated switch positions, or finding something programmable
(like an old Psion series 3, or even one of those nice new Java
compatible mobile phones) and knocking up a little program to do the
conversion for him on the fly with a pictorial output.

--
Cheers,

John.