Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Propane rip-off

JKevorkian wrote:

One thing I hadn't noticed in all the replies to this thread was using natural
gas. I specifically sought out an outdoor grill that uses natural, and can't be
more pleased. No more wondering when the tank was going to give up, no lugging
it, and its spare, off to the fill station,

Most grills can be rejetted for NG and that definitely is a convenience.
However, if you like using a very hot grill, you may find that NG isn't to your
liking as the BTU content isn't as high as LPG. The manual that comes with the
conversion kit will show you the BTU difference after conversion - it's usually
in the neighborhood of 10% less.

Of course, if you have a 500 gal tank supplying your house, running the grill
off the house supply requires no conversion!