Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Propane rip-off

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 23 May 2009 09:58:42p, SteveB told us...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Saw this on another newsgroup.
Seems as though the big sellers of exchange tanks are not filling them
all the way now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/...g_on_propane_2

Why would anyone want to take them in and exchange them in the first
place? Take them to a refiller yourself and pocket the money.

Steve

Exactly!

Tanks do have a finite life and I believe testing is required every 5-10
years so I did not feel as ripped off when I got rid of old rusty tank
but will definitely go to refiller next time.

There is a convenience factor in the HD exchange as you can drive up,
dyi with credit card and it only takes a few minutes. This versus going
to the Shell mart and trying to get someone to fill the tank while
people are buying cigarettes and sandwiches