Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default Propane rip-off

Frank wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Saw this on another newsgroup.
Seems as though the big sellers of exchange tanks are not filling them
all the way now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/...g_on_propane_2

It was in today's paper. I did a tank exchange at HD a couple of weeks
ago, "AmeriGas". Label clearly says, "net weight 15.0 lb". I did not
notice this until the issue came up. Next time I'll be going to the guy
that refills the tank on a scale and intend to pop off a complaint to
the state ag. Only good thing about exchange was my tank looked like it
was on its last legs.

In Dallas the refill places went from 2.29 gal on 2/22 to
4.09 gal on 4/25. From $20 to $35 for two tanks, our BBQ
might begin tasting a tad of yellow pine ;-)

Our tank opds shut off 4.3 - 4.6 gal.