BigWallop

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message
. ..

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message

I don't know how many bits you're talking about, but consider

supplying
him with a simple look-up table rather than trying to teach him the
system.

--
Mike Barnes

As I say Mike, I've given him tables to take home and work out how to

make
the switch number 100 say, and he still gets it wrong most of the time.

I think that what Mike is suggesting is a table with numbers 1 to 128
(assuming 8 switches) and a picture or diagram of the DIP switches in the
correct places for each number. It might take a bit of work to create it,
but, once done, you wouldn't need to teach anybody binary for them to be
able to set the switches properly.

Colin Bignell

Thanks Colin. I've already started this, but I'm running out of paper
already. :-))

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com