Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default Propane rip-off

On May 23, 12:49*pm, "1D10T" wrote:
"LouB" wrote in message

Bryce wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Saw this on another newsgroup.
Seems as though the big sellers of exchange tanks are not filling them
all
the way now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/...g_on_propane_2

Same for most everything you get at the grocery store. *It's all about
concern for the consumer safety: lighter packages means less chance of
back injuries.

ROTFLMAO!!

... and adds one great big PITA. As y'all may have noticed, I am really
****ed off about this kind of deceit, as well as other labeling bull****. An
example:
Ask Breyer's (Unilever) about this issue and also why how they get away with
calling tara gum, locust bean gum, guar gum, vegetable
mono-and-diglycerides, and other additives "Natural" ingredients. What the
HELL is natural about this **** in ice cream?

If something is derived from plants rather than manufactured by
chemical creation, then the loopholes in the law allow it to be called
"natural".

Believe me, having worked back in the mid-1980s with two of the "mad
scientists" in McCormick's Industrial Flavor division, I know what
sort of weird chemistry is done to create flavorings like they use in
yellow cake, or "hickory smoke" (God, that stuff scares me), or those
fruit flavorings...